精华
积分
阅读权限
注册时间
2006-3-23
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-3-30 17:00:20 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 微信分享
关于广大学生提出的club room变动和厨房变动等的答复,ASA主席Micheal都做了很详细耐心的解释和回答.大家可以看一下.因为文章比较长我就没有翻译了.需要可以提问我们做一定程度的解释.谢谢大家的信任和支持!

Regarding the clubs space a bit of background and the process that I went through is in order:

• Pallestra the gym in the Rec Centre went bust and we were left with a space that cost the University some $45,000 in lost income.
  • At the end of 2006 I asked the question about how we could best put this space to use for students. I initially thought it could be the temporary home of Health&Counseling. I subsequently discovered that Massey had thought of putting it to use as a study space.
  • Given the pressure on space in the library, we have a situation on campus where in terms of safety we are running a risk with the Library especially during exam time.
  • Now, it was silliness for Massey to spend money they do not have to fit out an ex-gym as study space therefore I sought an alternative.
  • As a result of a meeting between Student Services, Rec Centre, ASA, Facilities, the DVC’s office and the Library, we reached a decision that:
    • The empty space at the Rec centre would be the new clubs space – this was practical as the Clubs Development Officer is located in the Rec centre
    • Massey would spend $10,000 on fitting out the space with a kitchenette, microwave, hot water, and setting up dividing screens. We’d also put a cavity slider in the two rooms to make one space that may be used by the Islamic Club for instance.
    • ASA would pay for the costs with this room at an agreed level but the toilets and showers would be closed off due to the cost of cleaning these spaces.
    • In return, Massey would take over the space in the Atrium including the games room, clubs space and the kitchen space and turn it all into study space. Massey would purchase study carrels to put into this space – note this is a lesser cost to Massey than converting the Pallestra space.
    • This will be temporary until such time as the new library is built.
    • The kitchen will be closed to students – the microwave and fridge have been moved up to the new clubs space. I see you refer to it as a lunch room – do note it never was intended to be a lunch room but as these things do, developed as such.

• We chose to do it now as it would have the least impact on students given that the study break is coming up. As of today, the carrels should have been delivered and set up. The work is continuing up in the new clubs space to be ready for Monday 23/4 when the campus returns from the break.

I can only stress that we’ve gotten the best deal for students, clubs, and ASA. We’ve gotten $10,000 out of the university to fit out student space and put in security cameras as well.

I can ask for a microwave to go into the café in the Atrium. I cannot give you an answer in the affirmative presently.

使用道具 举报

SkyKiwi天使

头套哥哥

升级  14.68%

UID
热情
人气
主题
帖子
精华
积分
阅读权限
注册时间
2004-1-19

懒人勋章 猪猪勋章 财富勋章 荣誉勋章 元老勋章 危险人物

沙发
发表于 2007-3-30 18:01:11 |只看该作者 微信分享
☑80后 ☑奔3 ☑没房 ☑没车 ☑没钱 ☑没相貌 ☑没口才 ☑没经验 ☑没成绩 ☑没身份 ☑没死

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

手机版| 联系论坛客服| 广告服务| 招贤纳士| 新西兰天维网

GMT+12, 2024-5-21 18:22 , Processed in 0.016681 second(s), 14 queries .