精华
积分
阅读权限
注册时间
2007-2-14
楼主
发表于 2008-8-26 16:47:30 |显示全部楼层 微信分享

my impression of some of the banks

I noticed that many people don't like NBNZ. To me, it's not a good experience with NBNZ either, but NBNZ is the bank that I've used for the longest time.
ok. talk bout the banks one by one:

ANZ: haven't used, but according to my friend's experience, they charge for bank statement (NBNZ doesn't, at least before I graduated, they don't charge for that). My friend was not satisfied with their fees, but I'm not sure what kinda account she's got.

ASB: pretty good. I started to use ASB in my last year of uni. they are secure! but bit too secure that cause little troulbe while opening the online account. everything else is simply and easy. by the way, if apply true reward of ASB credit card, you will be charged $10, plus $24 annual fees, which is $34 (only $1 less than NBNZ, so NBNZ is not that BLACK of its credit card. - however NBNZ is very BLACK on its current account fees.)

BNZ: the first bank I used, back 7 years ago. Have to say, maybe in 7 years time they have improved, but the first account for me was so terrible! the advisor didn't introduce any suitable account to me but just offered me a current account with only 3 free ATM transaction per month. don't remember the details but that way, they charged a lot from me!

HSBC: really, a bad impression can easily be formed! don't know why people like HSBC so much but to me... no! It was 6 yeas ago, I went there and asked for an account. The attitude of the clerk at the helpdest was so unfriendly!! and I asked about how I could open an account - minimum 4000USD or 6000NZD, otherwise you won't get any interest and you'll need to pay them! by the time, I had just paid my tuition fees, didn't have so much money, so I left. Even now, I still have the bad impression of them!

Kiwibank: from a survey about banks, Kiwibank is the 2nd most satisfactory bank in NZ (1st is TSB). Haven't used it, but they are not as big as the major banks - less ATM, less branch. The other thing to mention is, they don't have VISA cards - only MASTER cards.

NBNZ: so so. many mistakes and don't feel very secure. I'm ok to keep a membership with it, but my usage of NBNZ is getting less and less.

Westpac: Don't remember. feel like more resident using it, but not very popular in international students.
======================================
Thinking I should do a better research and start a new relationship with banks.
We are right 95% of the time

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

手机版| 联系论坛客服| 广告服务| 招贤纳士| 新西兰天维网

GMT+12, 2024-6-3 00:29 , Processed in 0.016928 second(s), 14 queries .